Project duration: august 2004 - july 2007
ProMidNord is a projectinitiative of the MidNordic Committee to the Interreg IIIB -program.
The project consists of five different workpackages, which all aim to strenghten the potential and attractiveness of the whole region.
The five areas of co-operation:
1) Strengthening the MNR as a macroregion and introducing joint Spatital Development as a method
2) Environment and eco-competitiveness
3) Sustainable Energy Development
4) Youth, Regional Development and Democracy
5) Culture and cultural heritage as a means for sustainable development
Gardending Superfund Sites is an art project that fosters discourse around the issues of nature preservation, industry, and activism. Information and workshops with students and community groups to create a call to action to high tech industries to take responsibility for their actions.